VPS’s Focus on Quality Improvement
VPS is the Only Way to Truly Benchmark Your PICU’s Performance as a
Fundamental Requirement for Quality Improvement
VPS has expanded its QI efforts in several areas:
- QI Training: VPS recently hosted a 40-minute webinar, “Quality Basics – Tools and Definitions”. This webinar introduced the basics of quality improvement. It highlighted key terminology, the steps required for the QI process, and the tools used for pursuing QI initiatives (click here to view the presentation).
- A VPS Collaborative QI Project: VPS is launching the VPS PICU Quality Improvement Nutrition Collaborative. The VPS-facilitated project will enable data from the VPS Nutrition Module with results from the AHRQ funded Pediatric Measurement Center of Excellence (PMCoE) including the Quality Metrics developed by the PICU Expert Work Group. The PMCoE was part of the AHRQ Pediatric Quality Measures Program (for more information click here). Please consider adding the nutrition fields to your VPS Data Collection Profile to obtain baseline and comparative information for your PICU’s nutrition metrics.
- VPS QI Workshops: VPS is planning a series of learning workshops spread across multiple days throughout 2022
- Learning QI Methodologies
- Applying QI Using VPS Data
- Interpreting and Analyzing QI Data
- Practical Aspects of Implementing QI Projects
- Annual Reports: As we are heightening our focus on QI, VPS’s Annual Reports will be increasingly focused on enabling quality improvement efforts by our members, clients, and PICUs.